This platform is created to assist UEFA’s member associations and all stakeholders working to safeguard children in football in Europe. The content of this platform was developed by UEFA and Terre des hommes and input were received from multiple sources from national associations in Europe, as well as other organisation’s safeguarding policies and guidelines. Accordingly, it reflects:
- UEFA’s and FIFA’s commitment to safeguarding children in football
- The interest of national football associations in strengthening child safeguarding measures, as well as the needs expressed by those working with children in football settings. This is supported by the result of the wide consultations with all national associations representatives during several project events.
People working with children in football settings asked to be supported in improving their level of knowledge in child safeguarding. More specifically, the platform responds to the following needs:
- the need for a specialised virtual place, gathering the key strategic and operational documents, events and developments related to child safeguarding in sport and more specifically, in football.
- the need for specialised capacity building activities tailored to the specific context of child safeguarding in football.
- the need for a facilitated professional exchange and sharing of good practices on child safeguarding.
- the need for a safe space to raise questions, issues and suggestions relevant to child safeguarding in football and receive peer advise or external expert view.