About this platform
UEFA-safeguarding.eu is a digital platform, developed in partnership between UEFA and Terre des hommes Foundation, providing a central online information and learning resource aiming at enhancing the knowledge, skills and practices in football to build capacity for creating safer football environments so that all children who play football are kept safe from any form of harm or abuse.
This platform is dedicated to:
- Any professional working directly or indirectly with children in football settings (clubs, NFAs, UEFA etc)
- Any expert on the topic of child safeguarding in sport/football
- Any person interested in the topic of child safeguarding in football
The page is tailored to the needs of partly sighted and blended people.
This platform is created to assist UEFA’s member associations and all stakeholders working to safeguard children in football in Europe. The content of this platform was developed by UEFA and Terre des hommes and input were received from multiple sources from national associations in Europe, as well as other organisation’s safeguarding policies and guidelines. Accordingly, it reflects:
- UEFA’s and FIFA’s commitment to safeguarding children in football
- The interest of national football associations in strengthening child safeguarding measures, as well as the needs expressed by those working with children in football settings. This is supported by the result of the wide consultations with all national associations representatives during several project events.
People working with children in football settings asked to be supported in improving their level of knowledge in child safeguarding. More specifically, the platform responds to the following needs:
- the need for a specialised virtual place, gathering the key strategic and operational documents, events and developments related to child safeguarding in sport and more specifically, in football.
- the need for specialised capacity building activities tailored to the specific context of child safeguarding in football.
- the need for a facilitated professional exchange and sharing of good practices on child safeguarding.
- the need for a safe space to raise questions, issues and suggestions relevant to child safeguarding in football and receive peer advise or external expert view.
This platform is designed to answer the issues noted above and is structured around 3 main components: ABOUT, LEARN, and CONNECT.
- Information about UEFA and Terre des hommes partnership
- Information about the platform and how to use it
- Contact form
LEARN offers users the following opportunities:
- News from the field of child safeguarding in football and other sports
- the UEFA child safeguarding toolkit for member associations and its templates
- A library of thematic resources collected from national associations and other relevant sources/information providers
- Online courses on child safeguarding in football developed by UEFA and Tdh
- Other e-learning courses relevant to the topic of safeguarding
- A set of webinars on topics of interest for participants
CONNECT provides registered users with the following advantages:
- Access to all online courses, with certification for UEFA and National Associations staff
- Networking opportunities with the other members
- A forum for questions and suggestions
- The possibility to set up and maintain close communities of specialists tackling more sensitive issues (i.e. the community of child safeguarding focal points representing national associations)
The platform is hosted on a responsive webpage, offering the opportunity of access both through personal computer and mobile phone.
Depending on your level of interest or your organisational affiliation, the platform offers three types of experience.
I’m interested in the topic, but I don’t want to create an account
Everyone has access to news, the resources in the library, the UEFA child safeguarding toolkit and open webinars. We keep our platform updated with the latest news and resources, so we invite you to visit it regularly.
I would like to enhance my knowledge on child safeguarding, but I’m not working for UEFA or a National football association in Europe.
You have the opportunity to improve your knowledge with the four UEFA online courses. To take the courses, you need to create an account with your email address. This will also give you access to forum discussions and some UEFA webinars. Although you are free to take the online courses, no certificate will be issued.
I’m working for UEFA or a National Football Association in Europe.
You’re in the right place! Please register with your professional email address. This will give you full access to in-depth e-learning opportunities such as online courses and webinars, to the online communities, network and forums. We offer online courses with certifications for coaches, child safeguarding focal points and staff.
This platform is a safe space for you to share your experience and good practices. At a later stage, specific communities will be created, which you may join by sending a request to the facilitator of the community. This additional verification stage is needed due to the sensitive topics and contents that might be discussed or approached within communities, i.e. the community of child safeguarding focal points.