The Turkish Football Federation translated the Child safeguarding toolkit for UEFA member associations. You can download the document here or below. The toolkit was developed by UEFA and Terre des hommes to help UEFA member associations protect and safeguard children from abuse and respond to any concerns.
The toolkit is built around 5 goals:
- Goal 1: Laying the foundation of safeguarding. This includes providing definitions of child, safeguarding, and abuse or harm, as well as clear policy statements/commitments to safeguarding.
- Goal 2: Ensuring organisational preparedness and prevention. This includes establishing procedures and practices that will help to prevent situations of abuse.
- Goal 3: Raising awareness. This includes making sure that safeguarding measures are implemented and do not remain on a shelf. Efforts include raising awareness, training and communication. Education and communication are essential to ensure understanding of safeguarding measures and principles and what they mean for everyone in football.
- Goal 4: Working with others and reporting concerns. This includes responding to concerns if they arise and establishing how outside agencies should be involved in efforts to protect children.
- Goal 5: Measuring success in safeguarding. This includes monitoring progress and identifying good practices to share with others working in football.